With a high-school diploma in Computer Science and a Bachelor’s and Master’s Degree in Digital Humanities, during my studies I deepened both the technical and communication aspects of technologies.
In particular, I gained theoretical and practical skills regarding the design, development and usability evaluation of digital interactive products with particular focus on web technologies, and technologies for the creation of 3D and virtual reality applications.
Various internships or research periods carried out at important research centers in the field of Human-Computer Interaction, Interaction Design and Computer Graphics, have allowed me to consolidate my design and development skills through the collaboration at projects.
With a strong passion for museums and cultural heritage, in 2017 I got a PhD in the field of interaction design applied to cultural heritage at IMT School for Advanced Studies Lucca. To learn more about my research interests and publications visit the research page.
If you want to know more about me, please visit my linkedin page.
– user and stakeholder research, sketching, wireframing, mocking-up of digital user interfaces
– design of digital user interfaces that are usable, accessible, and provide a good user experience
– mobile web UI/UX
– user testing (ethnographic observation, interviews and questionnaires): experience in designing and conducting user studies.
– heuristic evaluation, cognitive walkthrough
– back-end web technologies (PHP, MySQL)
– experience of using CMS (WordPress, Joomla) and templates design and development
– knowledge of object-oriented programming principles
– experience with the following languages: C, C++, JAVA, Visual Basic)
3D Graphics, VR Design and Development
– 3D modeling, texturing, rendering using Blender 3D
– 3D scanning: knowledge of the different scanning techniques, experience in 3D scanning of cultural heritage objects
– 3D photogrammetry: acquisition of real object from photos using software like Agisoft PhotoScan, ARC3D, Photosynth Toolkit
– 3D data processing using MeshLab
– RTI acquisition
– experience in the design and development of interactive graphic and virtual reality applications using XVR framework (basic knowledge of OpenGL)
– basic experience of Unity 3D and Google Cardboard.
– basic experience with software for graphics design (Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Indesign, Adobe Flash)
– knowledge of SEO techniques (onsite, offsite, technical) to improve the positioning of a website in organic search engines results
– general knowledge of the discipline of web marketing
– digital media communication
Project Management and Complex Problem Solving:
– general knowledge of Project Management techniques (scope management (WBS), time management (GANTT, PERT), risk management)
– knowledge of McKinsey & Company’s methods for dealing with complex problems and provide recommendation regarding their solution